Blackfalds & District Victim Support Society is a police-based program located in the Blackfalds Detachment of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
The Blackffalds RCMP Detachment, formerly know as the Red Deer Rural RCMP Detachment’s policing area is almost entirely the rural area of Central Alberta, with the detachment in Blackfalds, Alberta. The detachment has a satellite office in the community of Springbrook.
- Blackfalds & District Victim Support Society area is as follows:
- North - Township Road 41-3 ( 1 mile north of Milton Road)
- West - 5th Meridian ( Range 1-0)
- South - Highway 42 ( West of Highway 2) Highway 592 ( East of Highway 2)
- East - Highway 821 ( Range Road 240)
- The following communities are within our borders:
- Blackfalds, Clive, Joffre, Springbrook, Summer Village of Gull Lake, Large areas of the County of Lacombe and the County of Red Deer. The population base in this large geographical area is over 37,000 people.